Note: Makes 1 x 2 lb loaf.
- 4oz/100g Kellogg's All-Bran Original cereal (not Bran Flakes!)
- 5oz/125g caster sugar
- 10oz/275g mixed dried fruit
- ½ pint/300ml milk
- 4oz/100g self-raising flour
- Put All-Bran, sugar and dried fruit in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in milk and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Sieve in flour and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to well-greased/buttered 2lb/1kg loaf tin.
- Bake in moderate oven (Gas Mk.4/350°F/180°C) for about an hour. (You can test with a metal skewer—it should come out clean.)
- Turn out of tin and allow to cool on rack.
Slice and serve buttered with a cup of tea.