Notes: Feeds 4.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil for greasing
- 140g/5oz cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 rounded tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons milk (preferably full-fat)
- 150g cherry tomatoes (on the vine)
- broccoli and new potatoes to serve
- Preheat oven 200°C / Gas 6 / fan oven 180°C.
- Slice breasts in half horizontally so that you will have two thinner pieces that will cook quicker.
- Lightly oil shallow baking disk and arrange chicken in a single layer.
- Mix cheese, mustard and milk, then pile on top of each piece of chicken.
- Arrange tomatoes (still on the vine) around the chicken.
- Cook for 20–30 minutes until chicken is golden and tomatoes squashy.
- Serve with broccoli and new potatoes.
- Suggest to everyone that they squash the tomatoes on their plates to blend with the cheesy sauce.