- 275ml rice (original recipe said brown rice, but we happily use white);
- vinaigrette dressing (see separate instructions);
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped;
- 2 inches cucumber, finely chopped;
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
[to skin tomatoes, soak in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes, then peel off skin using the point of a knife];
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- cook the rice and drain;
- while rice is still hot, place in a large bowl, fluff it up with a fork, mix in the vinaigrette dressing, and allow to go cold;
- mix in everything else, cover, and keep in a cool place until needed.