Skip to content
- Makes 6–8 portions.
- Suitable for freezing.
- All qualities are approximate. This is a great way of using up old Stilton that is past its best, so we tend to use as much left-over Stilton as we have to hand.
- 6 spring onions
- ½ oz butter
- 1½–2 lb broccoli florets (about 3 heads' worth)
- 3 pints chicken stock
- 4–8 oz Stilton cheese, cut into small rough cubes
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- slice white parts of spring onions. Finely chop the green parts and set aside.
- melt butter in large pan and cook white spring onion parts over low heat until softened.
- add broccoli florets and stock. Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer covered for 12–15 minutes until soft.
- stir in Stilton, pepper and optional Worcestershire sauce. Add salt to taste.
- cook over moderate heat until cheese has melted, stirring continuously.
- add green parts of spring onion.
- blend or purée the mixture.