Skip to content
- Feeds about 6.
- Goes very well with baked potatoes.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Cover with foil if re-heating in oven.
- 1 chicken
- 2 heads of broccoli
- A pile of mushrooms
- 2 tins of concentrated mushroom soup
- ½ pint / 300ml double cream
- Large dollop of mayonnaise
- Cook and dismantle the chicken.
- Dismantle and cook (boil) the broccoli. Then dry it as well as you can.
- Put broccoli in bottom of roasting tin then put chicken on top.
- Cover with loads of chopped mushrooms.
- Mix the soup, cream and mayonnaise in a bowl, then pour over the chicken and broccoli. It usually forms a large mound on top of the mushrooms, but sinks in a bit through the gaps.
- Cover with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven until breadcrumbs brown, and mixture is bubbling away nicely (takes about 20 mins).