- all quantities are approximate—it's hard to go wrong with this recipe;
- we have found that the rice ends up with a rather nutty texture (which we like). If you don't like nutty textures, cook for a bit longer;
- serves 4.
- 300g/10oz long-grain rice
- 600ml/1pt hot vegetable/fish stock (from a cube is fine)
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 100g/4oz frozen peas (we usually put in more)
- 150g pack smoked mackerel (skinned)
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthways
- handful of coriander, to serve
- Put rice into large, microwaveable container. Mix together stock and curry paste, then pour over rice and cover with cling film and pierce it with a few holes. Microwave for 6 minutes on High.
- Break the mackerel into large chunks and stir through the rice along with the peas and crème fraîche, cover with cling film (pierced), then microwave for 6-8 minutes until rice is tender (or nutty!).
- Top with eggs and sprinkle with coriander.