Notes: A dead-easy (and quick) recipe. Feeds 2.
- pack smoked salmon
- penne pasta
- small tub double cream
- 1 lemon
- knob of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up the smoked salmon into smallish strips (roughly ½ x ¼ inch—but there's no need to be too neat: we use scissors).
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a sieve and set to one size.
- Return the empty pasta pan to the heat, melt the butter, squeeze in the lemon (a few loose pips add to the overall experience) and add the smoked salmon. Stir gently for a few seconds then…
- Return the pasta to the pan, pour in the tub of cream and stir thoroughly (but carefully, so as not to break up the smoked salmon too much) until warmed through.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Consume with a glass or two of wine—ace!