Notes: Feeds 4 (or two if they're hungry).
- 200g/8oz rice
- 175g/6oz frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons oil plus an extra drop
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 streaky bacon rashers, chopped (ordinary bacon will do)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste or curry powder
- 250g/9oz peeled cooked tiger prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 1 egg, beaten
- soy sauce to serve (optional)
- Cook the rice. Towards the end of the cooking, start the following:
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok.
- Add onion and bacon and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add curry paste/powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add prawns and peas and stir for one minute to heat through.
- Push prawn mixture to one side of the pan, add a drop more oil in the cleared space and pour egg into the oil. Stir until egg scrambles, then mix into the prawns.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Serve with soy sauce if you like (I prefer it without).