Notes: Serves 4. Dead easy recipe.
- 1 litre / 1¾ pints hot chicken stock;
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (we use a whole small Bart's jar);
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce;
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional—we don't bother);
- zest and juice of 2 limes;
- 100g / 4oz Portobello mushrooms, sliced;
- bunch spring onions, sliced (whites and greens);
- 200g / 8oz leftover chicken, shredded.
- Tip the stock into a saucepan, then stir in the curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and zest.
- Bring to the boil, then add the mushrooms and spring onion.
- Cover, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and gently heat through.
- Serve ladled into bowls, accompanied with some hunks of bread.