Notes: Feeds 4. This is a dry curry, so it can be cooked in a large frying pan if you wish. As with most curries, this one tastes a lot better re-heated the following day.
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 level dessert spoon black mustard seeds
- 1 level dessert spoon cumin seeds
- 1 small/medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4 green chillies (finely chopped - leave the seeds in)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon extra hot chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 fresh tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 x 200g tins of tuna (drained)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Squirt of lemon juice (optional)
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them sizzle a bit.
- Add onion and fry until brown. (It is important you wait until it browns - it makes a huge difference to the taste of the curry.)
- Add the garlic, chillies, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tuna, mix in well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve with tortilla wraps. (Tear off bits of the wraps and use them to pick up the curry.)